Sunday, October 22, 2006

I am a hippy cat!

I am very environmentally-conscientious, and encourage Anna and Salim to purchase responsible, sustainably-produced food and litter for me. The litter in my boxes comes from recycled paper, and the large size of the paper pellets makes this extra good because I don't wind up tracking little dusty bits of litter all over the house. However, the problem of packaging and transport remains: All of the many plastic carrier bags in the house also see at least one re-use, for my solid waste. And the newspaper is useful for lining the area around my litter boxes, so that I can scratch and bury my waste. In these papers, I read that some British designers have come up with a clever and stylish way to re-use plastic bags. I like the name of the design firm!

Now if only we could find a use for the tins that my food comes in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home