Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Selecting and Using Weblog Tools


Usually I read the newspapers, which appear conveniently -- if somewhat out of date! -- at my washroom, fresh once or twice each week. Lately the editorial content has been lacking a certain élan, so I picked up a copy of "Essential Blogging". The cover features some little Malayan red cats, commonly known as "flat-headed cats". They are kind of cute, but also look somewhat bloated and out of place. Perhaps this is a metaphor for blogging?

The book is good but not great reading: some parts discuss the Blogger service, which I use. Other chapters talk about software that I do not use. The authors have impressive biograhies. The book is not warm enough to curl up with and go to sleep, unless I leave it in the sun spot in the parlour for the whole morning. But that is labor-intensive, and the book is still a little slippery on the cover.

Although the newspapers are not as exciting to read, I prefer their texture and crinkliness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home